Sunday 17 May 2009

Time


A 3.5 x 3.5" page created for part of a book swap. The theme for this page was Time. The background was sent to me to decorate. I added a page of torn paper which I sponged with Distress Ink in Peeled Paint. I then stamped it with a Time stamp (Stampers Anonymous) in StazOn Olive. Next I sprayed a little gold onto the piece and sponged the edges with Vintage Photo Ink. I stamped a pocket watch onto cardstock in black. Sponged it with Vintage photo ink, then added a layer of Ranger Crackle Accents. When dry this was cut out, gold wings were attached it it was added to the card. I also added ink and crackle to a grungeboard letter. The same watch watch stamped onto the green coloured paper, the words were added, and some tiny watch parts to embellish.

9 comments:

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is soooo beautiful!! So much wonderful artwork on this piece - really makes your eyes travel around, discovering every detail. Great work!

Lori Saul said...

This is a very beautiful page- your addition to the background is just wonderful! The stamp, mixed embellishments and particularly your "antique" finishes that you apply are outstanding!

Yvonne said...

This is very creative! Love how time flies.

Karen Valentine said...

Rachel, I am so blown away by your latest pieces. I could leave a glowing comment about each and every one. Each one just leaves me in awe at how talented you are, Your composition style is wonderful. The colors are wonderful and the images you are choosing are....well....WONDERFUL!!!!
You Rock Girl!!!!!


Karen

Lynn Stevens said...

Rachel, Wonderful Time piece , Love all your artsy elements. And its so nice that you share with all of us your secrets!

Anneke said...

this is such a wonderful page.
great background-structure and image

Kris Dickinson said...

This collage is perfection! LOVE it!

Dragon said...

This is a beautiful piece... One of your best types, I think...
Frankie
xx

Heather Robinson said...

The colour just appealed to me immediately! You've created such depth and meaning in the masterful way you've combined all of the elements in this piece!