Saturday, 28 February 2009
Created using the Faux Leather technique for the Saturday's Workout Challenge. I used Distress inks in Walnut Stain and Vintage photo to add colour, and overstamped the background with a script by Crafty Individuals. To finish I added a collage image and dymo text.
Posted by Rachel at 19:08
Created for the TGIF Challenge., and also fits the Theme Thursday Challenge. I started by sponging Adirondack inks (Stream and Eggplant) onto matt cardstock, then stamped feathers in the same colours. Next I swiped gesso over the card, and restamped the feathers in eggplant. I added the collage image and the egg, then stamped the text in black, and added more feathers in black to finish.
Posted by Rachel at 18:09
Thursday, 26 February 2009
Sunday, 22 February 2009
Created for the Gothic Arch challenge. The theme is tea time. A background paper was washed wth dilute gesso, then sprayed with colour wash in buttercup and pink, this was sponged in with a little more gesso to give a more subtle colouring. Overstamped with French Script (Stampin' Up) in Chalk ink (Pink Grapefruit). A collage image and lace were then applied. Prima flowers were coloured with the same colours as the background, again using gesso to tone them down.
Posted by Rachel at 09:18
Created on a piece of mount board, covered with canvas paper, and layered with muslim fabric that was dyed DTP with a Distress ink ink Antique linen. A lace border and staples were added to this. The tiles were made using a square punch and were covered with a backing paper (phone directory pages), with a gesso wash over the top. Images and embellishments were added to each tile, and these were glued into place. A few extra embellishments added to finish, and attached to hanger.
Posted by Rachel at 09:06
Saturday, 21 February 2009
The background was created using Starburst Sprays in Batchelor Button Blue and Violet, with some Adirondack Denim too. Cling film was placed over the wet sprays to create textured effect. once dry, the piece was misted with some gold metallic spray, (click on picture for larger image to see this) and stamped with a flourish in black. The mask was made using black polymer clay and perfect pearls in interference blue and interference violet. Gold Krylon was added to the edges and some gold gems attached. Lettering and 3D flourishes are grungeboard with gold krylon.
Posted by Rachel at 17:41
Created for the Sunday Postcard Challenge. I used the faux batik method to create the hearts in the background. The colours were sprays in Bluebell, Poppy and Pink. The script was stamped in StazOn Royal Purple, and a collage image was attached. A few heart brads were added to embellish.
Posted by Rachel at 16:26
An altered CD created for the Saturday's Workout Challenge. To start with I adhered some background paper to a CD. This was sprayed with colourwash in Buttercup, Terracotta and Lilac. A frame was sprayed in the same inks, plus a little Dephinium. The frame was then overstamped with text. A transparency image was adhered first to white paper, then placed inside the frame, and attached to the CD. Prima flowers were used to embellish. The background paper, frame, transparency and text stamp are all by Crafty Individuals.
Posted by Rachel at 11:40
Created using black clay, which I stamped with a text stamp, and lightly rubbed on perfect preals in antique gold and patina blue. The face was created with the same colour clay and pearls using a mould. The wings are German Scrap, and the crown is a metal charm. Beads were added to finish.
Posted by Rachel at 09:57
4 x 4 page created for TGIF. Created by stamping hand image onto matt cardstock and masking it. Adirondack colours in Butterscotch & Raisin were sponged onto the background, and a text background created by stamping in Butterscotch ink. The same text stamp was used in Versafine Black at the bottom of the page.
Posted by Rachel at 09:52