Created by sponging inks (Raisin , Terracotta, Butterscotch) onto plain card. Overstamping with scratches stamp in black. Layering with a dilute gesso wash, then responging with inks. Clock and script stamped in white. Lamp and birds stamped in black, torn paper and collage image applied, and flourishes stamped in black, overstamped in white.
Sunday, 14 December 2008
Created for the Mixed Media Monday Challenge. The arch was first sponged with Tea Dye Distress Ink, then , overstamped in Walnut Stain. A dilute gesso wash was painted over the top of this. The shrine was stamped onto tea coloured card and cut out. The collage image is by Paperwhimsy. A gold crown, wings, and border were added. Stamps by Stampers Anonymous, Invoke Arts & Lost Coast Designs.
Posted by Rachel at 18:11
Created for the Sunday Stampers challenge where the theme is pink. I used Versamagic chalk inks for the DTP background in Pretty Petunia and Thatched straw. This was overstamped in Pretty Petunia using a text stamp by Stampin' Up. Collage image aplied (Tuscan Rose), lace and Prima flowers to finish.
Posted by Rachel at 15:15
Created for the Sunday Postcard Challenge. The theme is briht colours. The postcard was created by making a cling & scrunch background with colour wash sprays in buttercup, poppy and bluebell. Stamps by Cherry Pie, Invoke Arts and Stampers Anonymous. Highlighted with white gel pen.
Posted by Rachel at 08:28
Saturday, 13 December 2008
This canvas was made quite a while ago, but never finished off until today. The canvas was painted with acrylic paints and gesso. Stamps by PaperArtsy, Crafty Individuals, and an alphabet set by PSX. I added the text, number and key embellishments to finish it at last.
Posted by Rachel at 12:05
Tuesday, 28 October 2008
Created for a Green & Blue Skinny Page swap. The background was made using glossy card, which was gessoed randomly, then inked with Distress Ink in Faded jeans & Peeled Paint. This was then stamped over with a text background (Stampin' Up). Main images stamped in matching inks. Stamps by "Art by Moonlight".
Posted by Rachel at 12:12
Created for a circlies swap with a Faces theme. These 2" circles were sponged with various Adirondack inks, and stamped with a script stamp (Katy's Corner) in black. The face images are by Lost Coast Designs. These were cut out and laid over the top of the script circles.
Posted by Rachel at 11:51
Wednesday, 27 August 2008
Created for the Wednesday Stamper Challenge. The theme is circles. The background was made using Distress ink in Tea Dye, overstamping with a French Script in Walnut stain. The circles were generated inking up the base of a bottle and twisting it on the card. Ink splatter stamp added and collage image from Paper Whimsy. Stamps by Stampin Up & Cherry Pie.
Posted by Rachel at 09:41
Tuesday, 26 August 2008
Monday, 25 August 2008
Created for this weeks Gothic Arch Challenge. The theme is Black & White with a hint of Red. The background was made using gloss card and Black Soot Distress ink. A french Script (Stampin Up) was then stamped and embossed in white. A black and white collage was added and German Scrap corner embellishments which were coloured with Cranberry Alcohol ink.
Posted by Rachel at 01:52
Friday, 22 August 2008
Created for the Dans Ma Maison challenge. This week the theme is to feature "Orange". Main image stamped and masked, surrounding areas sponged with Adirondack inks in Denim, Butterscotch & Rust. Overstamping in Rust and Black. Stamps By Invoke Arts, PaperArtsy & Hero Arts.
Posted by Rachel at 20:11
Created for a Stampbord swap. The box was first primed with gesso, then sprays with colourwash sprays. Images were stamped onto tissue paper and attached to decorate. For the top of the box, I coloured some cheesecloth with colour wash, and created the stampbord piece using chalk inks, and triple embossed it with clear UTEE. The pendant with made in a similar way.
Posted by Rachel at 09:32
This is a Twinchie (2 x 2" art) made for the Creative Wednesday challenge. The background is gloss card stock coloured DTP with Adirondack ink, then smooched with a random layer of gesso. This was overstamped in Adirondack currant ink, collage image added and text. Stamps by PaperArtsy and Oxford Impressions.
Posted by Rachel at 09:29
Monday, 18 August 2008
Sunday, 17 August 2008
The background was created on glossy card stock which was randonly swiped with gesso, then inked with Distress inks in Pine Needles & Dusty Concord. It was then stamped with a Hero Arts text stamp. An old book page was coloured with the same inks, and added as a platform for the girls to stand on. Collage image attached, and finished with metal corner embellishments.
Posted by Rachel at 20:06
Saturday, 16 August 2008
Friday, 15 August 2008
For this week's Dans Ma Maison challenge. The theme is stars. I started by sticking a background paper to my house, plus the angel image. Next I added random speckles of Opals EP in Blue Gum & Dove Lake, highlighting this with some StazOn ink in Azure around the edges of the whole house. Blue star brads were added and computer generated text, again edged in StazOn Azure.
Posted by Rachel at 22:06