Wednesday 20 May 2009

Mixed Media Canvas


Created for the Wednesday Stamper Challenge. I painted the canvas with acrylic paints - Blue, Cream, Gold and a little Raisin. Next I stamped the background onto tissue paper using StazOn black and applied this to the canvas using Future floor polish (this makes the tissue paper transparent when applied). The canvas was then sprayed randonly with a little Lustre Spray in Blue & Gold. Next the collage image was applied. I then added a little more cream acrylic where the words were to go, and randomly around the collage image. The words were cut out and edegd with Distress Ink in Faded Jeans. Finally, Opals EP were applied around the edges in Bubblegum Blue.

17 comments:

Belinda said...

wow, what a gorgeous and cute faerie

Willy said...

Lovely canvas, Rachel!

Angela Sturm said...

beautiful background for such a little lovely fairy !

Barb said...

Such a sweet image - great background too. :)

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

precious fairy and I really like hearing about how you created this Rachel, must try some liquid floor wax, thanks for sharing!

Lori Saul said...

This is a lovely collage, beautifully made!Thank you for explaining your art processes so thoroughly- I always learn so much from you!

Anonymous said...

Rachel, just reading the description of how you did this gorgeous piece has me so excited. Tomorrow I'm going to try to duplicate your technique with my own images, background, etc. What a wonderful tutorial.
I'm pretty sure I have all the ingredients. Beautiful piece.
Faye

Lynn Stevens said...

just beautiful ,I don't know how you get so much done, amazing!

Anonymous said...

Really gorgeous.

Sandy said...

Wow wow wow wow Rachel this is awesome. So lovely girl.

Nan said...

This is really wonderful...love how you used the floor wax...thanks once more for sharing your process!

Clau said...

What a great background, loved to read how you made it. Wonderful piece.

jaine drake said...

It's beautiful. Gorgeous background.

lena said...

What a lovely piece of art! I love everything on your canvas. Lovely image, colour...just everything!

Lynn said...

OH MY..... this is fantastic, and thanks for the great tip using the floor polish.

Barbara & Wolkenreiter said...

This is sooooo beautiful!!!
Thank you for the description!

Stampo said...

This is incredible... I have taken the liberty of linking to this artwork and your blog at www.stampartforum.com and would love to exchange links with you when I get that set up... thanks.