Sunday 29 March 2009

Altered Spoon


Created for the ABBA challenge. This week's theme was Altered Cutlery. I found an old spoon and coloured it with AIs in Butterscotch & Raisin. I then added a collage image, and glued tiny gold beads around the bowl of the spoon. Next I coloured some silver cardstock with the same AIs and ran it through a cuttle bug mesh embossing folder. I punched small squares from it, attached jump rings and added beads. These were placed down the handle of the spoon. Finally, I added some epoxy stickers to spell Dream on each of the squares.

8 comments:

Rosie said...

Wow what a gorgeous effect you've achieved here! Love the alcohol inking and the gold beads. Great work and thanks for joining in!
Love
Rosie ABAA

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

WOW Rachel, your spoon is gorgeous! It is so much fun seeing everyone's take on this theme = lovely work!!!

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, this is amazing! What creativity !

Lynn said...

I just love what you did with your spoon for the challenge :) Love your blog and your artwork, think I have another one to follow :)

RubyMay said...

wow....I love all the bead work down the handle and round the bowl...gorgeous x

Jaqi said...

Gorgeous, looks fab, Jaqi

Mescrap said...

This is so much gorgeous !
I'm getting surprise and more surprise from all of the submission to ABAA.
You're so creative in your works.

Linda Vincent said...

Fabulous - it has a kind of oriental feel. Glad you could join in with us Rachel.
Linda x
ABAA