Sunday, 1 March 2009

Altered Can




Created for the Lots to Do Challenge. This project took most of the weekend to complete, but I'm fairly pleased with the outcome. I took a regular tin can, painted it with black acrylic, then applied a rusting solution (2 part kit). I did the same with some die cut tags and hearts, plus a chain and a key. The paper with sponged with a mixture of gesso and Lumiere paint in Halo blue-Gold. A little rusting solution was added to the paper, which was then stamped in black, and fixed around the base of the can. I added a little of the lumiere paint to the can, tags and hearts, smudging it here and there with my finger. These were also lightly sprayed with Glitz Spritz spray (Desert Moon Gecko Green). I attached the chain using brads (holes made using cropodile). Tags, hearts and key attached with jump rings. The tags at the base have grungeboard letters painted with lumiere paint.


10 comments:

Ang C said...

its a fantastic tin



love everything about it


stunning!!!!

Carol said...

Fabulous. Love the blues you added.

June said...

Awesome work on this it looks amazing !!
Hugs June xxx

Cath Wilson said...

I love this, Rachel. I've had some rusting solution for years and keep trying to pluck up the courage to use it because it smells so bad!! One day..... hope it turns out this good...

Cath

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

This is very, very cool!

crafty creations said...

It's amazing Rachel - love all the elements you've added - fantastic is the only word I can use to describe it!!!! A wonderful entry to the Lotstodo Challenge

x Hilda

Nancy Maxwell James said...

gorgeous tin! I love the rusty aged feel of it!

Rein said...

Gorgeous can!

vintage wil said...

Wow this is fantastic!!!

Jaqi said...

Nevermind fairly pleased .....you should be over the moon , this is stunning, well done Jaqi