Tuesday 29 December 2009

Ring Out The Old, Bring In The New

The background was achieved by lightly sponging a manilla tag with Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap, then using a Tim Holtz Clock mask, and sponging again with Frayed Burlap. Next a French Text was stamped using Walnut Stain, and a few Tim Holtz Clocks also in Walnut Stain. The collage image was then applied, and computer generated text sponged in coordinating colours. Fibres were added to finish.

Tuesday 22 December 2009

Shaped Tag

Created for a challenge. I used a sizzix die to create the tag shape. The larger shape was cut from canvas paper, then rubbed with Distress pads in Walnut Stain & Dusty Concord. This was then spritzed, then sprayed with a little Antique Gold spray. Finished by sponging on a little Mustard Seed ink.

The centre piece was sponged with Dusty Concord, Mustared Seed and Fired Brick, before stamping with a text in StazOn Royal Purple. Walnut Stain was sponged around the edges, and then it was also sprayed with Antique gold.

The flourishes are sizzlets die cuts. Cut from cream card, then sponged with the same colours as above. The flourishes were attached, followed by a Paper Whimsy image. Flowers were punched from a sheet of faux rust paper I had made and brads placed through the centre, and finally a text ribbon was coloured and an eyelet placed through the top of the tag before adding various fibres.


Created for a both the Crazy Amigo & the Created By Hand Challenges. The background was created using Antique Linen & Opailite Frost. This was then stamped with snowflakes in Aspen Chalk ink, then the branches, bird, dots and more snowflakes in StazOn Stone Grey. Embellished with computer generated letters and grungeboard. The grungeboard was painted with cream acrylic and crackel accents which were highlighted with Walnut Stain & Dusty Concord ink. Dusty Concord was also used around the edges of the card.

Monday 21 December 2009

Christmas Angel

Created for the TMTA Challenge. The background was created firstly by sponging with Distress ink in Antique Linen, then adding some Blue Opalite to make it shimmer. Next it was stamped randomly with snow dots and snowflakes in Aspen chalk ink. A paper whimsy image was cut out and given some angel wings (internet image). Torn paper was sponged with Antique Linen, then stamped with a tiny Christmas music script in StazOn Stone Grey. Music and angel were added to the background, and the piece was finished by stamping some Christmas post marks in Stone Grey, and sponging the edges in Dusty Concord.

Sunday 20 December 2009

Captured Frost Fairy

Created for the Mixed Media Monday Challenge where the theme is Frost. I used a glass jar, glued Mother Of Pearl fantasty film on for a background, and added fantasy fibres in the same colour to the base of the jar. The fairy was created using internet images, and glitter applied to her wings and dress. She was then placed inside the jar, with a few metal stars. Glitter was applied to the outside of the jar to resemble frost. Various fabrics and fibres were added to embellish the lid, and a tag stamped to finish.

Clay Shrine 2

Another clay shrine, this time using a Paper Whimsy image, and Perfect Pearls in Antique Gold & Patina Blue.

Clay Shrine

Created using black polyer clay which was stamped into to create the textures, then dusted with Perfect Pearls in Interference Red & Pearl. Collage image added and embellished with a coat of Glossy Accents.

Jar Fairy 2

Another jar fairy. The same process was used as for the previous fairy, and this time I added some pearl glass beads hanging around her.

Jar Fairy

Jar fairy using a Paper Whimsy image. The background of the jar is Fanasy Film in WaterMelon, and the base is filled with Fanasy Fibes and a few tea roses. The text is a Rub On Transfer. The lid is yet to be decorated.
Posted by Picasa