Sunday 20 January 2008

Faux Chipboard

For the Art Quest Challenge on Next Generation Stampers. This technique uses fun foam to resemble chip board. I sponged both the foam and background card stock with gesso. I painted the foam hearts with Lumiere Violet, and the background card with Adirondack Cranberry acrylics. I stamped the background, then stamped over the foam pieces. I highlighted the edges of the hearts with gold, and attached to card stock using DST. I then stuck the piece onto a book page for a journal I am creating as part of the challenge.
Posted by Picasa

Glue Resist

Another technique for the Background Noise Challenge on Next Generation Stampers Group. This technique using a glue such as PVA for a resist to inks. the first sample uses Distress inks in Broken China and Spiced Marmalade. The second sample uses Adirondack Color Wash Sprays in Denim and Butterscotch. For the third sample I used Distress inks in Dusty Concord and Peeled Paint, and the last sample used Adirondack sprays in Raisin & Butterscotch.

Posted by Picasa

Shining Stones

This is a technique for the Background Noise Challenge on the Next Generation Stampers Group. The basic technique is to brayer a rainbow dye ink onto glossy card, spritz with water, then paint on some perfect pearls that have been mixed into a creamy paste. Next respritz with water, and dry with a heat gun whilst dapping with a screwed up tissue to move the paint around.

The first sample uses Adirondack Winter Sky ink pad with Perfect Gold

The second sample uses Adirondack Cabin Fever with Perfect Gold

The third sample uses Kaleidacolor Calypso with Perfect Pearl

The forth example uses Kaleidacolor Creole Spice with Perfect Gold

Posted by Picasa

Qoutes ATC

For a Quotes swap on the Creative Cards Group. I started by sponging chalk inks in Wheat & Pretty Petunia to make the background. I then stamped over this with a note book page stamp (Queen's Dresser Drawers) using the Wheat ink again. This gave a very subtle effect. Next I inked the flower stamp (Hero Arts) using chalk inks in Eggplant & Tealeaves and stamped two images onto the ATC. Finally it was finished off with a quote (Stampin Up) stamped onto vellum using StazOn Royal Purple. The vellum was attached using spray mount.
Posted by Picasa

Lizard ATC

Created for a lizard themed swap. The background was made by sponging Opalite inks (Golden Mist & Winter Rust) onto black card. This was then over stamped with a map background in StazOn black. The text was coloured by using distress ink in Scattered Straw, with glitz spritz spray in Golden Pumpkin Blush over the top. The frilled lizard was an image found on the internet. The scan doesn't show, but it is quite sparkly IRL.
Posted by Picasa