Created for the Sunday Postcard Challenge where the theme is Flourishes. The background was created with Distress Inks in Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans & Dusty Concord. This was then stamped with a Flourish in Brilliance Moonlight White. Torn book page was sponged with gesso, then Peeled paint and Faded Jeans ink. Numbers & more Flourishes were stamped in StazOn Azure. Finally the collage image and metal embellishments were attached.
Sunday, 15 November 2009
Created for the Gothic Arch Challenge where the theme is Stars. The background was created using Starburst inks in Shamrock Green, French Lilac & Violet-Teal. The inks were applied to plain copier paper, then the paper scruched into a ball to create wrinkles. The mica from the inks gathers in the wrinkles and creates a shimmery effect. This was then ironed flat and stamped with an alphabet background using Versafine Black. Next I added lilac snow mesh to the top and base of the arch, followed by a german scrrap border. The collage image was attatched, and 4 silver star brrads were coloured with alcohol purple alcohol ink, mixed with a little gold Krylon. Finally, dymo text was added.
Posted by Rachel at 09:49
Saturday, 14 November 2009
Created for the Sunday Postcard Challenge. The background was created by first sponging white card with Chalk Inks in Pretty Petunia & Thatched Straw. This was then sprayed with Lustre inks in Pink, Lilac and Lemon. Next the card was sttamped with a text background in StazOn Stone Grey. Torn Music paper was attached and the whole background then coated with dilute gesso. More sprays to finish, and a little lilac chalk ink also. The collage image was then applied, computer generated text and a small musical charm.
Posted by Rachel at 23:18
Created for a swap, and also fits the theme on this week's Lots To Do Challenge. The backgrouns of the card was created using a combination of Vintage Photo Distress ink & Moon Shadow Spray. This was dried and embossed with a cuttlebug folder. Next a piece of card was coloured with Vintage Photo ink, Finally an ATC size centre piece was created using the same Distress Ink and a flourish stamped in Broken China for the background, then the bird and text stamped in black. A rub on letter was added to embellish.
Posted by Rachel at 13:55
Sunday, 8 November 2009
Created for the Sunday Stampers Challenge. The background was created using colour ash sprays in Poppy & Buttercup. This was then stamped with a Script in Archival Maroon, then letters tiles and ink splatters were stamped using Versafine Black. Old book paper was coloured with Butterscotch ink and a scallop design cut from it. The word fun was stamped in black onto butterscotch card and added to the left hand side. Finally the text and letter tiles were highlighted with a White Signo Pen.
Posted by Rachel at 14:07
Created for the Gothic Arch Challenge where the theme is Tickets. The background was created using the wrinkle free distress technique in Pine Needles & Walnute Stain. This was then sponged over with Tea Dye to add warmth. The ticket background was sdtamped in Walnut Stain, then a layer of dilute gesso brush onto the centre where the image was then placed. A ticket border was stamped in black using the same colour theme, and computer generated text added.
Posted by Rachel at 12:13
Saturday, 7 November 2009
Created for the Sunday Postcard Challenge where the theme is Crackle. The background was made by sponging Distress inks onto cream card. The colours were Frayed Burlap & Tattered Rose. This was then stamped with a crackle background in Frayed Burlap, then with various number stamps in black. Collage images were added and the text.
Posted by Rachel at 18:52
Monday, 2 November 2009
ATC created for the TMTA Challenge where the theme is "Brown". The base card was cream, and this was sponged with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, then stamped with a numbers background in Walnut Stain. A collage image was then added, and computer generated text. Grungeboard arrow embellishments were coloured with Walnut Stain, and the whole piece edged with Walnut Stain.
Posted by Rachel at 17:42
Sunday, 1 November 2009
Created for the Gothic Arch Challenge where the theme is Lord Leighton. The background was sponged with Adirondack Lettuce and Pesto inks. This was then stamped with a text background in Pesto, and the edges of the arch sponged with Vintage Photo Distress ink. The Leighton image was then added, and embellished with Prima flowers, computer text, lace and a metal charm.
Posted by Rachel at 11:24
Created for the Sunday Postcard Challenge where the theme is Edgar Allen Poe. I used a quote from "The Raven" as the inspiration for this piece. The background was sponged with Adirondack Butterscotch, and Distress Inks in Dusty Concord & Faded Jeans. This was then stamped with a linen effect background. The Raven, branches and small birds were stamped in Brilliance Graphite Black. Finally, grungeboard letters were sponged in Dusty Concord, and computer generated text added (Taken from the Poem entitled The Raven By Edgar Allen Poe).
Posted by Rachel at 00:55